Sunday, April 2, 2017

Calico Ghost Town RV Park

Day 55, Saturday, March 18, Calico Ghost Town RV Park, Barstow, California

Jim has been doing all the driving.  That makes both of us feel safer, I think, and he does drive faster than I do!  We got to the RV Park and got settled, then went back down to Home Depot so Jim could make more repair purchases.  There are lots of wildflowers around this park, and I took a walk up the wash to get pictures of the Mohave Desert bloom.  This has been a wet year for the west coast, which is good for everybody!

Our campsite.  The town is in the hills to the left.



Lots of blooms in the Mohave Desert this year!






In the morning before we left I walked up to the Ghost Town to get postcards for the kids.  I have sent bunches of postcards to all 8 grandchildren on this trip, trying to make sure that the postcards for each house were unique.  I brought the postcard stamps from home, but sometimes it has been a challenge to find a place to mail them!

The old mining town of Calico was restored and turned into a tourist spot by Walter Knott, creator of Knott's Berry Farm.




No comments:

Post a Comment