Monday, April 15, 2019

Anaheim, California


Days 38 - 40, Sunday - Wednesday, February  24 - 27, Canyon RV Park, Anaheim Hills, CA

After a drive north through the California hills, with lots of blooming poppies, we arrived at this pretty, green, bird sanctuary in the midst of the highly populated LA basin!  We stocked up on groceries and walked around the campground a bit.  Kids’ parties were using the complicated rope system set up behind our RV.

Wildflower watchers along the freeway!

Adventure Rope System behind our campsite.

So many wildflowers, after all the rain.

Jim and Dwayne have been building this plane on the trip!  Original design!
On Monday, Jim and I rode our bikes down the Santa Ana River Bike Path 12 miles, to the Anaheim Ducks Hockey Stadium.  There is lots of water in the river this year.  We saw ducks and water birds, but not nearly as many as we saw the last time we rode this trail!  Monday evening we went up to see my sister Jean and her friend Dick, had a great meal and a wonderful visit. 

This Santa Ana Bike Trail goes all the way to the ocean!

More flowers, and lots of water this year.  Not as many birds.


On Tuesday I used my new AllTrails app to find a beautiful hike called the Weir Canyon Trail.  Lots of wildflowers on this 3.4 mile loop, not too many people.  Using the app to figure out my way back through various trail intersections, my phone battery went down more precipitously than the trail.  I turned the phone off and back on as I needed it.  When I got back, Jim and I rode east on the trail, up along the freeway, tried to find our way to the other side of the river through a golf course.  Google Maps shows bike cart paths that look like bike paths, dark green!  We went with Jan and Duane to meet Dick and Jean for dinner at a local restaurant.  Tasty!


Scorpion Weed

Poppies


Weir Canyon, wilderness in the heart of the LA Basin!


Phlox


No comments:

Post a Comment